MOANALUA CURRICULUM WORKSHOPS! The Aloha ʻĀina Moanalua curriculum is now available for schools wanting to
explore the Moanalua ahupuaʻa. The grade 4 unit includes a Moanalua ahupuaʻa map, old photographs of the area, and lesson plans featuring moʻolelo (stories) of Moanalua. Register now; space is limited! *Open to other grade levels on request.
PARTICIPATING TEACHERS WILL RECEIVE:
- A teacher’s guide with Common Core and HCPS III standardsbased
lesson plans, student activity sheets, rubrics, CDs, a DVD
and other resources
- Opportunities to try the instructional activities with other
- Preview of service learning activities with a field excursion into
- Breakfast and lunch!
- Native plants for out-planting in the valley with students
- Free transportation for valley student field experience