1337 Mahiole Street
Honolulu, HI 96819
Aloha‘Āina Moanalua Workshop for Grade 4 Teachers Saturday, November 1, 2014! The AlohaʻĀina Moanalua curriculum is now available for schools wanting to explore the Moanaluaahupuaʻa.Thegrade4 unit includes a Moanalua ahupuaʻamap, old photographs of the area, and lesson plans featuring moʻolelo (stories)of Moanalua. PARTICIPATING TEACHERS WILL RECEIVE:
- A teacher’s guide with Common Core and HCPS III standards- based lesson plans, student activity sheets, rubrics, CDs, a DVD and other resources
- Opportunities to try the instructional activities with other educators
- Preview of service learning activities with a field excursion into Kamananui Valley
- Lunch & breakfast!
- Native plants for out-planting in the valley with students
- Bus money to bring students to out-planting in the valley
WHERE: Moanalua Elementary School Library at 1337 Mahiole St, Honolulu HI 96819. WHEN: November 1, 2014 – 8:30a.m.- 3:30p.m. half-day follow up times TBD. TO REGISTER: Contact Pauline Worsham at firstname.lastname@example.org These workshops are offered by Moanalua Gardens Foundation in cooperation with the Hawaiʻi Department of Land and Natural Resources-Division of Forestry and Wildlife. Curriculum created by Pacific American Foundation with funding from the Office of Hawaiian Affairs. Workshop funding is provided by the State of Hawai‘i and the Division of Forestry and Wildlife.